lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Example documents and geospatial
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:32:57 GMT
The example docs we distribute have a bunch of stores that have the exact
same location. That lead to some head scratching about why changing the
distance in the example queries seemed to make no difference in the number
of returned results then all of a sudden it reduced the number of hits
drastically.

Any objections to a patch that adds an arbitrary distance (say 1/4 mile or
so) to all of the stores in the example docs that have the same location?

If not, I'll put up a JIRA and attach a patch.

Erick