lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception in migrating from 2.9.x to 3.0.2 on Android
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 03:18:26 GMT
On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Simon Willnauer
<simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I personally consider android a valid platform for lucene and we
> should try to reduce the pain for android folks as much as possible.
> Changing supported platforms is a totally different thing to me.

good, you can start a separate subproject as a port then.

but until then, android isnt supported by lucene-java.
android is a different programming language, and by supporting it, we
change the programming language of the lucene-java project.

this requires a vote, until then, its not supported by definition
since our documented programming language is java, not android.