lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: FieldCache usage for custom field collapse in solr 1.4
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:57:26 GMT
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Adam H. <jimmoefoe@gmail.com> wrote:
> In other words, using a per-segment fieldcache collection as a
> post-processing step (e.g after QueryComponent did its collection) does not
> seem at all trivial, if at all possible ( is it possible? )

Sure, it's possible, and not too hard (as long as no sort field involves score).
Just instruct the QueryComponent to retrieve the set of all matching
documents, then you can use that to run then through whatever
collectors you want again.  I've been meaning to implement this
optimization to field collapsing...

Depending on the details, either replacing the QueryComponent with
your custom one, or inserting an additional component after the query
component could make sense.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com