lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QParserPlugin as jar?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:19:07 GMT

On Dec 15, 2010, at 12:47 , Jan H√łydahl / Cominvent wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to package the edismax QParser (SOLR-1553) as a .jar file for inclusion in an
already installed solr1.4.1, and dropped my new jar in SOLR_HOME/lib.
> However it failed with an exception. It suspect because the patch modifies o.a.s.s.QParserPlugin,
which is already existing on the classpath.

> Is there a way to dynamically initialize new plugins without statically updating the
QParserPlugin class?

Yes, you can simply register it in solrconfig.xml:

  <queryParser name="lucene" class="org.apache.solr.search.LuceneQParserPlugin"/>

The QParserPlugin statically registered qparsers are just convenience so those come "built-in"
as registered (though can be overridden by registering a different class with the same name).

	Erik