lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:38:13 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> In other words, I don't see consensus for dropping it.  When you have it, get back
to me.

> Thats not how things are "added" to the release process.
> So currently, maven is not included in the release process.
>
> I don't care if your poll on the users list has 100% of users checking
> maven, you biased your poll already by mentioning that its because we
> are considering dropping maven support at the start of the email, so
> its total garbage.

Sorry, I'm not a professional poll writer.  Even if I didn't include it, it would take all
of a half of a second for someone to figure it out.  As you can see by the responses, though,
I think people are simply answering it.

It's just software and we have people willing to maintain the Maven stuff.  I simply don't
get what the big deal is in keeping something that people find useful and has (enough) committer
support.