lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: top-level README or similar?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:27:30 GMT
> > Perhaps we should add a very basic README.txt to get people started?
> > I noticed other projects seem to have something like this.
[...]
> > To setup your ide run 'ant copy-idea-files' (for Intellij) or 'ant
> > eclipse' (for eclipse)

Actually, 'ant idea' is preferable, since the 'idea' target depends on the 'copy-idea-files'
target as well as per-platform targets that tell people where to manually copy the code style
configuration file.

> (FWIW: i didn't notice until now that those IDE targets get added, might
> be nice to standardize on a naming convention... "ant setup-ide-idea",
> "ant setup-ide-ecplise", etc...)

-0 on the setup-ide-* standardization - I like the shorter form.  If there were 19 different
supported IDEs, I would agree.  But with just two, what's the gain?

Steve