lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:37:19 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Michael Busch wrote:

> I guess we could try to figure out how many people download the
> artifacts from m2 repos.  Maybe they have download statistics?
> But then what?  What number would justify stopping to publish?
>
> Michael

Realistically, I would expect that Maven artifacts would still be published, even if we kick
them out of the Lucene project to Apache extras.
If some of the people care as much as they say they do, they will figure out how to make poms
and whatever downstream, and a Committer into Maven will put them on the official Apache repo.
It will just more truly not be a concern to the rest of us.

- Mark