lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Geospatial search in Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 19:22:01 GMT

On Dec 28, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Smiley, David W. <dsmiley@mitre.org> wrote:
>> Thanks for letting me know about this Rob.  I think geonames is much simpler (and
much less data) to work with than wikipedia.  It's plain tab-delimited and I like that it
includes the population.  I'll press forward with my benchmark module based patch.  I can
relatively easily switch between the lat-lon type and my geohash type since they both conform
to the SpatialQueriable interface, and so consequently I don't need two complete Lucene checkouts.
 I had to add Solr & spatial as dependencies to the benchmark module but it's worth it
to me.

> well in my opinion there isn't a reason why benchmark couldn't be
> moved to /modules and depend on solr..

+1.  I've often thought it as well.  Config's could even reference schema/solrconfig.xml to
use (longer term)