lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:27:50 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Robert Muir wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> I still don't see why you care so much.  You have people willing to maintain it and
it is no sweat off your back and it is used by a pretty large chunk of downstream users.
And don't tell me it is what holds up releases b/c it simply isn't true.

> it is what holds up releases. the last time i brought up releasing, it
> was totally destroyed because of maven.

I'll grant you it held up the last release _ONCE WE DECIDED TO RELEASE_, but don't act like
it is why we don't release very often, because it isn't.

> the RM shouldn't have to deal with 2 build systems, packaging systems,
> and repository hell, and that's what maven artifacts require.

And Steve has said he would fix it and it won't require two build systems, so your main complaint
is solved.