lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:13:42 GMT
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:

> There clearly is no consensus for removing Maven support from Lucene.

and see there is my problem, there was no consensus to begin with, now
suddenly its "de-facto" required. Maven is quite an insidious computer
virus.

>> Unfortunately there is a very loud minority that care about maven
>
> I would wager that there is a sizable silent *majority* of users who literally depend
on Lucene's Maven artifacts.

I can't help but remind myself, this is the same argument Oracle
offered up for the whole reason hudson debacle
(http://hudson-labs.org/content/whos-driving-thing)

Declaring that I have a secret pocket of users that want XYZ isn't
open source consensus.