lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:59:23 GMT
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:13 PM, Robert Muir wrote:
>
>> I can't help but remind myself, this is the same argument Oracle
>> offered up for the whole reason hudson debacle
>> (http://hudson-labs.org/content/whos-driving-thing)
>>
>> Declaring that I have a secret pocket of users that want XYZ isn't
>> open source consensus.
>

> You were very quick to cite your own secret pocket of users when you called those who
support it the "vocal minority".  So, if you want to continue baiting the discussion we can,
but as I see it, we have committers willing to support it, so what's the big deal?

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/474564645f673fbb/discussion_about_release_frequency

You can look there, and see the responses of several other committers
about maven.

I think i like Yonik's comment best: Maven is not a part of the
release process, if you think it should be, maybe you should call a
vote?