lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Earwin Burrfoot <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:10:03 GMT
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 20:13, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Unfortunately there is a very loud minority that care about maven
>>
>> I would wager that there is a sizable silent *majority* of users who literally depend
on Lucene's Maven artifacts.

> I can't help but remind myself, this is the same argument Oracle
> offered up for the whole reason hudson debacle
> (http://hudson-labs.org/content/whos-driving-thing)
>
> Declaring that I have a secret pocket of users that want XYZ isn't
> open source consensus.

There is proof of existance for some unknown part of this secret pool.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22artifactid+lucene-core%22
Please, don't look at "About NNN results", these are known to be
veeery approximate.
Just page through. Some of the pages are Lucene poms themselves. Many
of them are poms for the projects depending on lucene.

Phone: +7 (495) 683-567-4
ICQ: 104465785