lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [Solr Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by DavidSmiley
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 19:15:49 GMT
Kind of a nit-pick, but I don't think this needs to be limited to just geographical search.
 We actually have clients who use the spatial filtering in non-lat/lon uses (and it was designed
with such in mind, hence the support for n-dimensional distance calculations).  Perhaps we
should leave it as spatial and then add a few words of description after indicating it is
for geo-spatial as well as others?

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org>
> Date: January 3, 2011 2:00:07 PM EST
> To: Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org>
> Subject: [Solr Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by DavidSmiley
>
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The "FrontPage" page has been changed by DavidSmiley.
> The comment on this change is: Added (Geo) before SpatialSearch in case someone searches
for "geo" and also to provide a little more context for the reader..