lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:50:26 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 4:41 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> It's just software and we have people willing to maintain the Maven stuff.  I simply
don't get what the big deal is in keeping something that people find useful and has (enough)
committer support.

> Why not call a committer vote then?
>
> [] <-- maintain maven ourselves instead of working on search features,
> and slower releases.

Wow, so having Maven releases is why we take 6-10 months to release?  Give me a break.  The
only thing that is slower (arguably) is the building of the release itself.   We have had
Maven support for a long time and it has never been brought up until you did that it was the
cause.  The cause is, was and always will be that we innovate at a pretty rapid pace and always
have the mindset to get "just one more" set of features/fixes into the next release.