lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Lucene and Solr 3.1 release candidate
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:43:29 GMT
Hi,

I found a serious issue in CheckIndex.java (lines 357++):
If you run CheckIndex on an index updated or changed with 3.1 it print the following:

2011-03-08 14:38:56,373 INFO org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex - Segments file=segments_g19
numSegments=5 version=-11 [Lucene 1.3 or prior]

Too stupid. We should check all other version numbers printed in CheckIndex and fix accordingly.
I know, Shaie added new versions in several other files, too. I don't think we can provide
this to users, as it will cause lot's of JIRA issues complaining about that.

Do we also need to fix the Solr' ConcurentLRUMap issue? Yonik? I provided a patch this morning.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen