lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Simon Willnauer (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SOLR-2530) Remove Noggit CharArr from FieldType
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 08:43:49 GMT


Simon Willnauer updated SOLR-2530:

    Attachment: SOLR-2530.patch

next iteration. The UTF8 to UTF16 conversion starts the output at 0 now. I fixed the places
where I missed to reuse a spare instance and replaced some occurrences of BytesRef#utf8ToString
with BytesRef#utf8ToChars where I can reuse a CharsRef instance. 

I also added a comment / TODO to UnicodeUtils#BIG_TERM  to move it elsewhere once we have
a good place for it or don't need it anymore.

I think this is ready though, all tests pass.

> Remove Noggit CharArr from FieldType
> ------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-2530
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Schema and Analysis
>    Affects Versions: 4.0
>            Reporter: Simon Willnauer
>            Assignee: Simon Willnauer
>            Priority: Minor
>              Labels: api-change
>             Fix For: 4.0
>         Attachments: SOLR-2530.patch, SOLR-2530.patch, SOLR-2530.patch, SOLR-2530.patch,
> FieldType#indexedToReadable(BytesRef, CharArr) uses a noggit dependency that also spreads
into ByteUtils. The uses of this method area all convert to String which makes this extra
reference and the dependency unnecessary. I refactored it to simply return string and removed
ByteUtils entirely. The only leftover from BytesUtils is a constant, i moved that one to Lucenes
UnicodeUtils. I will upload a patch in a second

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message