lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: How to access a Lucene contrib package from a Solr contrib package?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:09:13 GMT
Hi Karl,

Take a look at solr/contrib/analysis-extras/build.xml – it should provide a good model for
how to do this.

The redefined “compile-core” target invokes the “jar-*” targets in order to produce
the lucene modules’ jars on which there is a dependency, then invokes the “solr-contrib-build.compile-core”
to do the compilation work.

The redefined “classpath” path includes the depended-on lucene modules’ jars, which
are built prior to compilation by the redefined “compile-core” target.

The referenced “jar-*” targets, which build the named lucene modules’ jars, are defined
in lucene/contrib-build.xml.  If what you need isn’t already defined there, you can add
it using the existing definitions as templates.

The redefined “dist” target depends on the “contrib-jars-to-solr” copies the depended-on
lucene module jars over to where they will be collected when the Solr war is built, then invokes
the “common-solr.dist” target to do the basic distribution work.

Steve

From: karl.wright@nokia.com [mailto:karl.wright@nokia.com]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 2:33 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: How to access a Lucene contrib package from a Solr contrib package?

Hi folks,

I’m trying to turn SOLR-1895 into a real contrib module but I’m having some trouble with
the ant build for it.  Specifically, the module needs the lucene contrib jar lucene-queries.jar,
but I don’t know the right way to indicate that in my new solr/contrib/auth/build.xml file.
 Does anyone know how this was intended to work?

Karl