lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sami Siren <ssi...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible test framework improvement
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:55:19 GMT
Hi,

While looking at some of the test failures it occurred to me that it
would be great to have a tiny addition to the junit output for
succesfull tests. Now if a test succeeds it only prints out something
like this:

   [junit4] Suite: org.apache.solr.analysis.TestKeepFilterFactory
   [junit4] Completed on J0 in 0.22s, 1 test

If that also had a time stamp when the test started it would be, in
some cases, helpful to see what other tests were running at the same
time. I think this information is implicitly available because the
tests output when they finish but the proposed change would make it
more obvious and easier to spot.

--
 Sami Siren