lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1420195 [3/13] - in /lucene/dev/trunk: lucene/analysis/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ar/ lucene/analysis/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/bg/ lucene/analysis/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/br/ lucene/ana
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:44:22 GMT
> I think we should regen all gen'd sources on every build, if possible, to catch
> accidental edits of the generated source but not the generator.

My personal opinion on this is:

Don’t store the autogened files in SVN at all and regen them on every compile. This works
with javacc (available via IVY), but not with jflex (there is no release yet, we still have
to use trunk version). The remaining python files could use jython to process (those scripts
are so simple, so we need no FAST python interpreter - and they are 2.7 anyway). Only the
Levensthein one can be heavy?

The backside of this is: You can no longer compile the source with Eclipse or similar, as
the source file is not available. So we may need some svn-ignored extra folder, appearing
in the source folders of the IDE, but the contents are generated by "ant eclipse". But we
need all dependencies in IVY first :( @ Steven Rowe: WE NEED A JFLEX RELEASE! Is there a chance
to get one?

Uwe