lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: commit message format for tag bot
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 10:35:30 GMT
Hi,

One other thing is: The bot does not take the full commit message, e.g. if it spawns multiple
lines, it misses the later ones. Also it does not add the merge messages my client generally
adds, e.g.:

Merged revision(s) 1417694 from lucene/dev/trunk:

LUCENE-4589: Upgraded benchmark module's Nekohtml dependency to version 1.9.17, removing the
workaround in Lucene's HTML parser for the Turkish locale

The first line is missing. This may not be important but I don’t like my commit message
be stripped down and possibly important parts left out. I generally try to format the commit
messages, sometimes with new paragraphs and so on.

Also it seems to have problems with Multi-Issue commits.

In my opinion, the bot should copy the *whole* commit message to all issue-ids listed anywhere
in the message (regex /(LUCENE|SOLR)\-\d+/) and *not* try to parse the message.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen