lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Question on -Dtests.iters needing the glob
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 10:38:27 GMT
Hi,

I think (!), tests.iters was „deprecated“ by Dawid – to me this caused lots of confusion
so I have the same questions like you. Have to look it up in the mailing list archive.

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Shai Erera [mailto:serera@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:32 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question on -Dtests.iters needing the glob

I see. So -Dtests.dups=100 -Dtests.method=testXYZ (no glob) -Dtests.jvms=1 would run 100 repetitions
of testXYZ on 1 JVM, only that way I don't need to specify a glob?

Why do we have -Dtests.iters then? Why not just stick w/ dups and document that you can restrict
the number of JVMs if you want?

Shai