lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-4.x-Linux (32bit/jdk1.6.0_37) - Build # 3089 - Failure!
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 13:07:27 GMT
The child process can get ist own PID and print it on startup:

ManagementFactory.getRuntimeMXBean().getName()

This returns an undefined name of the virtzual machine, but in windows and all UNIX it contains
the PID. Looks like pid@localhost. But this is enough to prevent user error when killing and
signaling JVMs.

-----
Uwe Schindler