lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Improvement: Add commented-out /MLT handler to example solrconfig.xml
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:27:15 GMT
Solrconfig.xml has lots of great suggestions for various options that are commented out, which
is fine. I did notice one useful feature that doesn’t even have a commented-out  suggestion:
the MoreLikeThis request handler. I suggest we add it.

Does anybody know of any good reason why it isn’t there already? Or why it shouldn’t be
added?

And is there any significant downside to adding it as an active handler in the example solrconfig?

  <requestHandler name="/mlt" class="solr.MoreLikeThisHandler">
  </requestHandler>

I would simply note that since the mlt search component is already configured in Solr by default,
most of the MLT code is already being loaded in Solr, so there should be no significant penalty.

-- Jack Krupansky