lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: TestSqlEntityProcessorDelta failures on Policeman Jenkins
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 19:46:15 GMT
ahhh.  I did not know that Policeman overrides (or that you could override) the run-test-serially
setting in DIH's build.xml.  This explains everything as placing the file in a private temp
directory rather than the default "conf" dir would solve the issue.

I think then if I keep it as it is (dial back the logging, but keep the properties file in
its own temp dir) solves this issue.  And if indeed "dataimport.properties" is the only thing
that prevents the DIH tests to run in parallel, it should be an easy enough task to fix this
for all the tests and then we can have parallel tests for dih.

Thanks a bunch to everyone in helping get this cleared up!

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 1:31 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: TestSqlEntityProcessorDelta failures on Policeman Jenkins

: > James: How many JVMs does your machine use (you see this at the beginning
: > when tests start to run)?****
: ok this is the bug. See dih's build.xml:
:
:   <!-- the tests have some parallel problems: writability to single copy of
: dataimport.properties -->
:   <property name="tests.jvms" value="1"/>
:
: The problem is: policeman jenkins server overrides this by setting the -D

...and i think, in the specific case of TestSqlEntityProcessorDelta (or
more specifically: anything extending AbstractSqlEntityProcessorTestCase)
it looks like James fixed the bug in the test when he added the code to
help log the state of the file...

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/contrib/dataimporthandler/src/test/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/AbstractSqlEntityProcessorTestCase.java?r1=1408873&r2=1417058

...because he has the test create a random dir for the proprtywriter to
write the file for each test class.

right?

-Hoss