lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: lost entries in trunk/lecene/CHANGES.txt
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:28:03 GMT
I'm using subclipse with JavaHL 1.7.7.  I am unclear is JavaHL keeps its equivenence versioning
the same as official svn versions?  I do not have an official svn command line installed,
do not use tortise or other tools, etc.

Reading Uwe's comment that I "never merge", I do wonder if its just that I should let the
directory property changes merge in also even if I do not understand them.  I just don't like
to commit stuff that seems unrelated to what I'm doing and I don't understand.  This fits
because if it appears I "never merge", I also "always" omit seemingly unrelated property changes
when committing a merge.

I also would like an answer to my question: "Is it ok to make parallel changes instead of
a merge if its just a trivial change?"  Follow up question:  "is it ok to make the same (trivial)
change to 2 branches with 1 commit?"  It really is very slow for me to merge and if the way
I've handled trivial changes in the past breaks things for other people, I can change my ways,
or just not fix tiny things if time doesn't allow.

Especially when I get an unexpected jenkins test failure, I'm usually in the middle of something
else and really want to fix jenkins asap but can't always give it a lot of time (getting more
coffee, as you might say to do, Robert) while waiting for svn, etc.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311