lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "SolrCloud" by EricPugh
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 18:46:44 GMT

On Dec 17, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:

> Should I say this is a Solr 4.1 change?

I really think we need to version the SolrCloud page.

I think we need to version our docs in general, but the SolrCloud page already needs to be
broken up I think. I'm just waiting until we start on a better docs route. But until then,
it seems to crazy to litter it with if(thisversion) then.

I think we should make a 4.0 version and then copy it and tweak to a 4.1 version.

There are tradeoffs to this, but in my opinion its the only way to keep things sane.

- Mark