lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux (32bit/jdk1.6.0_37) - Build # 3421 - Failure!
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 22:51:28 GMT
> the test framework crashes somehow and does not respond anymore.

I think I know exactly how it crashes -- there's not much mystery
about this: once the permgen is exhausted OOM errors are thrown from
tests; what happens then is these errors are caught and an attempt is
made to serialize these errors to the master node. Unfortunately this
process involves loading some classes that are not yet loaded and,
since the permgen is already exhausted, everything goes insane (the
thread apparently just silently quits; there are finally blocks that
are never reached).

Like I said -- I'll see what I can do about it but I don't have any
optimistic feelings. This is really riding a critical edge and short
of preallocating static data structures I don't see any way of
implementing a clean solution for the problem.

Dawid