lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Override fq via local params?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:30:45 GMT
Attention Solr developers :) Is this something that should be possible
(and doesn't work) or is there a misconception somewhere? Thanks for
your help in advance; quoting:

I have tested on a range of SOLR releases from 1.6.0 to 3.6.0 and all
exhibit the same behavior, which is:

If I add a default filter query to the search hander, in this case
<str name="fq">Section_Title:description</str>

<requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">
   <!-- default values for query parameters can be specified, these
         will be overridden by parameters in the request
     -->
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
       <int name="rows">10</int>
       <str name="df">DRECONTENT</str>
       <str name="fq">Section_Title:description</str>
     </lst>

 Then I am not able to override this default with LocalParams, for
example the request to filter query on a different field is ignored

{!fq=Section_Title:summary}space

However, the same filer query does work if I put it in the URL

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q={!fq%3DSection_Title%3Asummary}space&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&fq=Section_Title:summary