lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux (32bit/jdk1.6.0_37) - Build # 3421 - Failure!
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 21:16:48 GMT
Yep, it is pretty crazy with strings in this dump. Consider the
duplicate strings report:

(string, waste memory, # of duplicates)
"RequestHandlerBase" 36803312 304888
"type" 33161040 152525
"name" 33146672 152474
"scope" 33144584 152444
"requestTimes" 8456864 38112
"numRequests" 8231896 38112
"numTimeouts" 8231896 38112
"numErrors" 8223976 38112

So the first string is repeated 304888 times, leading to a waste of
36mb. You get the picture.  And yes, they're all referenced from
com.yammer* (that problematic ConcurrentHashMap).

Dawid