lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux (32bit/jdk1.6.0_37) - Build # 3421 - Failure!
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 13:23:33 GMT
Good bug hunting, Mr Holmes!

> Unfortunately I did not find a good tool to inspect permgen heap only (it contains loaded
classes and interned strings). I

Not sure but YourKit may be able to do that (in particular if you
attach it using its own agent, not the default one).

> (and possibly permgen, because most strings may be interned)!

Just a note -- interned string pool is no longer stored in permgen as
of 1.7+ so they probably don't contribute to permgen exhaustion. Still
not good that there's so many of them of course ;)

Dawid