lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux (32bit/jdk1.6.0_37) - Build # 3421 - Failure!
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 15:53:27 GMT
> I am still working on getting the root of the permgen issue. I have no hammer to tell
visualvm to get a list of "interned" strings. How to "identify" an interned string? Having
fun with OQL (Object Query Language)...

Can you make that dump available? I'll check with yourkit. They have
licenses for open source developers too and it's a great piece of
software.

> Dawid's note about Java 7 no longer puts interned strings into permgen seems "hardened"
by the fact that only Java 6 builds have the permgen issue.

Yeah, this is a known gotcha. In Java8 they've removed the permgen
entirely (or are planning to; I didn't track progress of it recently)
so it'll get simpler.

Dawid