lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Commit Tag Bot (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (LUCENE-4635) ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when a segment has many, many terms
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 23:58:12 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4635?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13535476#comment-13535476
] 

Commit Tag Bot commented on LUCENE-4635:
----------------------------------------

[trunk commit] Michael McCandless
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1423720

LUCENE-4635: add test

                
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when a segment has many, many terms
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-4635
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4635
>             Project: Lucene - Core
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Michael McCandless
>            Assignee: Michael McCandless
>             Fix For: 3.6
>
>         Attachments: LUCENE-4635.patch, LUCENE-4635.patch
>
>
> Spinoff from Tom Burton-West's java-user thread "CheckIndex ArrayIndexOutOfBounds error
for merged index" ( http://markmail.org/message/fatijkotwucn7hvu ).
> I modified Test2BTerms to instead generate a little over 10B terms, ran it (took 17 hours
and created a 162 GB index) and hit a similar exception:
> {noformat}
> Time: 62,164.058
> There was 1 failure:
> 1) test2BTerms(org.apache.lucene.index.Test2BTerms)
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1246
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReaderIndex.compareField(TermInfosReaderIndex.java:249)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReaderIndex.compareTo(TermInfosReaderIndex.java:225)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReaderIndex.getIndexOffset(TermInfosReaderIndex.java:156)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:232)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:172)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.docFreq(SegmentReader.java:539)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery$TermWeight$1.add(TermQuery.java:56)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.util.ReaderUtil$Gather.run(ReaderUtil.java:81)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.util.ReaderUtil$Gather.run(ReaderUtil.java:87)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.util.ReaderUtil$Gather.run(ReaderUtil.java:70)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery$TermWeight.<init>(TermQuery.java:53)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery.createWeight(TermQuery.java:199)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.createNormalizedWeight(Searcher.java:168)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight(IndexSearcher.java:664)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:342)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:330)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.Test2BTerms.testSavedTerms(Test2BTerms.java:205)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.Test2BTerms.test2BTerms(Test2BTerms.java:154)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> {noformat}
> The index actually succeeded building and optimizing, but it was only when we went to
run searches of the random terms we collected along the way that the AIOOBE was hit.
> I suspect this is a bug somewhere in the compact in-RAM terms index ... I'll dig.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message