lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DSMI...@mitre.org>
Subject Possible problem with RAMDirectory; tips please
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 18:09:48 GMT
I've been reworking a randomized test in Lucene spatial; it's pretty hard. 
One particular failing test is driving me crazy right now.  I figured out
that the problem would only occur if the RAMDirectory was chosen, and of
course if I created just the right sequence of indexed shapes and query for
the right shape, etc... so there's a lot of things that have to be just so
for the test to fail.  If the *only* thing I change is
-Dtests.directory=RAMDirectory then it fails absolutely every time at the
same spot, and if the directory is something else because I set it with the
system property, then the test passes.  Could this actually be a bug in my
code?  Any tips on how to debug this is highly appreciated.  I can change
the codec but that doesn't affect the problem.  I was hoping to use
SimpleText codec but I can't easily view the contents of the RAMDirectory
:-)

All of the code in question is local but if it would help I can post a patch
some where.  I haven't narrowed down the problem exactly so it requires
setting the random seed.

~ David



-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book
--
View this message in context: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Possible-problem-with-RAMDirectory-tips-please-tp4054241.html
Sent from the Lucene - Java Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message