lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Contributing the Korean Analyzer
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:02:22 GMT
Forwarding to the dev list:

Begin forwarded message:

> From: 이수명 <smlee0818@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Contributing the Korean Analyzer
> Date: April 24, 2013 10:00:18 PM EDT
> To: Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com>
>
> Hello Steve,
>
> Yes, I'm the only author of the code.
>
> It took 2 years for me to finish the korean analyzer and dictionaries in the first development.
> I posted the source code and the binary in 2008 on the online community of internet portal(http://cafe.naver.com/korlucene)
for korean people.
> I got recieved bug reports through the online community and got upgraded it for over
4 years.
> I also posted the source code on the sourceforge in 2009 as you already see it.
>
> I finished to create a jira issue (LUCENE-4956) and attach the file that I contribute.
> If you uncompress the file, you can find two source code directories ("src" and "morph").
> The "morph" directory is including the dictionaries and the korean morphological analyzer.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Soomyung Lee
>
> 2013/4/25 Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com>
> Hi Soomyung,
>
> I agree with Christian, this sounds fantastic!
>
> First, we need to know a couple things:
>
> 1. Are you the only author of the code?  We need to get agreement from all contributors.
 (When I browse CVS on the SourceForge site, the only author I see is smlee0818, which I assume
is you.)

> 2. Do you need permission from your employer to make this donation?  If so, we'll need
your employer to submit a Corporate CLA (Contributor License Agreement)[1] before we can accept
the donation.

> To get started, the first step is creating a Lucene JIRA issue here: <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE>
- you'll need to create an ASF JIRA account first if you don't already have one: click the
"Log In" link at the top right of the page, then click the "Sign up" link where it says "Not
a member? Sign up for an account".

> Once you've created a JIRA issue, you should make a compressed tarball of everything
you want to contribute - as far as I can tell, this is everything in the "lucenekorean" sourceforge
project in CVS under modules "kr.dictionary", "kr.analysis.4x", and "kr.morph" - and then
attach it to the JIRA issue, with the MD5 hash for the tarball in the comment that you provide
when you attach the tarball to the issue.

> Once you've created the JIRA issue and attached your contribution, we can make progress
on further steps that need to be taken: you should submit an individual CLA[2] and a code
grant[3], and I (in my role as Lucene PMC chair) will be managing the IP clearance process[4][5].

> See <http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute> for more information about
contributing.

> I look forward to working with you on this - thank you for contributing!
>
> Steve
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt
> [1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
> [2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt
> [3] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
> [4] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
>
> On Apr 24, 2013, at 7:00 AM, Christian Moen <cm@atilika.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Soomyung,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for this.  This is very good news.
> >
> > Let's await the PMC Chair's suggestion on next steps.  See LUCENE-3305 to get an
idea how the process was for Japanese.

> > If the process goes well, I'm happy to see how I can set aside some time after Lucene
Revolution to work on integrating this.

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Christian Moen
> > アティリカ株式会社
> > http://www.atilika.com
> >
> > On Apr 24, 2013, at 7:40 PM, 이수명 <smlee0818@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Christian.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your reply.
> >> I'm happy to hear about a code grant process.
> >>
> >> To make the dictionaries, I collected words itself and word features from books
and internet.
> >> And I organized all of the information that I collected to make the korean morphological
analyzer.
> >> Therefore the dictionaries is that I made.
> >>
> >> I think It is enough to attach a file(License Notice) that describe on where
the dictionaries originate from and the kind of licensing (Apache License 2.0).

> >> If it is not enough, please leave me a message and give me some guide.
> >>
> >> thanks.
> >>
> >> Soomyung Lee
> >>

> >> 2013/4/24 Christian Moen <cm@atilika.com>
> >> Hello SooMyung,
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot!  It will be great to get Korean supported out-of-the-box in Lucene/Solr.
> >>
> >> In terms of process, I'll leave this to Steve Rowe, PMC Chair, to comment on,
but a code grant process sounds likely.

> >> I'm seeing that the code itself has an Apache License 2.0, but could you elaborate
on where the dictionaries originate from and what kind of licensing terms that are applicable?