lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Possible problem with RAMDirectory; tips please
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 19:13:05 GMT
Ok, thanks.

What I do in such circumstances is apply an aspect (aspectj) that logs
(for every thread) every entry/exit from a block of code I'm
interested in (package, class, etc.) and then run the two differing
configurations. Then I simply diff the outputs using Araxis Merge --
this is typically enough to tell what execution paths are different
and lets you set up a trap to analyze the problem at its source
(diverging paths).

Yes, it requires some aspectj expertise and getting to know this may
exceed what you need :) Create an issue though and provide a patch,
perhaps me or somebody else will know what's going on.

Dawid