lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adam Hahn (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-4729) Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:11:16 GMT


Adam Hahn commented on SOLR-4729:

I've just tested again and I'm still seeing the error using the solr-4.1-2013-04-22_10-31-16
nightly build.  This should include the fix right?

Environment: I've tested in both Windows and Linux.  Solr is launched using the copy of Jetty

Steps taken:  
1. Unzipped Solr
2. Modified the example/solr/collection1/conf/schema.xml file to add the line
<copyField source="*" dest="text"/> after the other copyField lines and just before
the start of the "types" block
3. Opened up the Solr Admin page, selected the collection1 core from the dropdown and clicked
on Analysis.

At this point the "Analyse Fieldname / FieldType" shows "Loading ...".  The log file shows
the error mentioned in the description.  The log only contains this one line and not a full
stack trace.  I do see a stack trace in the terminal where I started Solr.  This is shown
below.  Using Firebug, it appears that the call that's causing this is: http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/admin/luke?wt=json&show=schema&_=1366655832433

I've also tried commenting out the other copyFields in case that was causing an issue, but
it didn't resolve it.

Stack trace from terminal:
8447 [qtp811887233-14] INFO  org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter  â [admin] webapp=null
path=/admin/cores params={indexInfo=false&_=1366655616048&wt=json} status=0 QTime=1
8477 [qtp811887233-14] INFO  org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  â [collection1] webapp=/solr
path=/admin/system params={_=1366655616075&wt=json} status=0 QTime=7
8526 [qtp811887233-14] ERROR org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  â org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
undefined field: "*"
        at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.getField(
        at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.getCopySources(
        at org.apache.solr.handler.admin.LukeRequestHandler.populateFieldInfo(
        at org.apache.solr.handler.admin.LukeRequestHandler.getSchemaInfo(
        at org.apache.solr.handler.admin.LukeRequestHandler.handleRequestBody(
        at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handleRequest(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handle(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$

8527 [qtp811887233-14] INFO  org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  â [collection1] webapp=/solr
path=/admin/luke params={_=1366655616125&show=schema&wt=json} status=400 QTime=6

> Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work
> ---------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-4729
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Schema and Analysis
>    Affects Versions: 4.2
>            Reporter: Adam Hahn
> It seems you can no longer use a wildcard as the source when defining a copyField.  I
don't believe that this was fixed as part of SOLR-4650 since I've tested it with the 4/17
nightly build and it doesn't work.
> I'm using the following line: <copyField source="*" dest="text"/>
> If I index something, this line is ignored.  If I go to the Analysis tab, the fields
aren't populated and I see the error: 'org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field:
"*"' in the log.
> This worked correctly in 4.0, but I didn't test it in 4.1.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message