lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Several builds hanging pecause of permgen
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 06:25:11 GMT
Hi Mark,

The problem with raising permgen is:
- It's Hotspot specific only, so does not work with other JVMs
- Its no longer available in Java 8

I would really prefer to maybe tune the tests and maybe not create so many nodes in the cloud
tests. It looks like the bug happens more often with higher test multiplier (-Dtests.multiplier=3),
so maybe we can really tune that.
If we want to raise permgen, we have to do it in a similar way like we do enable the heap
dumps - with lots of <condition/> tasks in ANT... :(

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen