lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1498659 - /lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/test/org/apache/solr/handler/TestReplicationHandler.java
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:27:29 GMT
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> That removes a bunch of testing (replication with other dirs) and test checks…
>
> If you don't mind, I'd like to pull that test into a subclass test.

Oh, I see... I was going to say it seems like a big problem that the
directory factory causes no persistence (which is not what was
intended when many of these tests were written).    But I see other
test methods that rely on persistence seem to be explicitly disabling
it themselves:

  public void doTestReplicateAfterStartupWithNoActivity() throws Exception {
    useFactory(null);

Seems like maybe what we want is MockFSDirectoryFactory instead of
MockDirectoryFactory in general?

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com