lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Wikis and Reference guide
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 05:19:24 GMT
I was wondering the same thing.  Yesterday I was going to update a
page on the Solr Wiki and stopped myself after remembering this email
and feeling unsure if my effort will be thrown away in favour of the
new Confluence Wiki and new Solr Ref Guide.

My feeling is the new Ref Guide should serve as the new Wiki because
it's much more professional.  Maybe the old Solr Wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ ) should be kept running (but read-only
and/or hidden), so that one can still pull a chunk of info from it and
migrate to the new Wiki when needed.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/
Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> What's our approach to editing/updating the old wiki vs. the new ref guide?  I know from
talking w/ Hoss how we are going to version it, but are we going to maintain the docs on both
wikis?  I've got a minor tweak to CSV handling that I want to document and just wondering
how best to handle it.