lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: A reference to a commercial algorithm in comments - is this all right?
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2013 19:16:52 GMT
I think less configuration there is an improvement :)

The problem seems to be that "carrot.algorithm" can be any clustering
component that plugs into the Carrot2 framework -- including our
commercial algorithm (I don't think there's anything else besides
that). We suck at brand differentiation and many of our customer have
found it difficult to tell the difference between Carrot2, Lingo,
Lingo3G and where to put the configuration bits and pieces in Solr
code. So while it doesn't harm any users of the open source algorithms
it helps those already using (or willing to try) the commercial
algorithm to locate the relevant bits.

Dawid