lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Old Git Discussion
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 23:26:05 GMT
It's hard to say +1 without all the details. If we want to dropin git for
svn, then what existing stuff breaks? For example, I think its pretty
important that commit notifications work correctly, so people can see what
changed. If they break because someone caused a fastforward, that's no
good. And asking devs to use obscure options like -no-ff will work about as
well as asking customers to rewind VHS tapes.