lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Old Git Discussion
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 16:57:40 GMT
I don't see it that way.
I guess just due to the attitude surrounding git at least, that's
enough for me to press forward with my veto.

Alternatively, you could decide that the "attitude that comes with
git" is not also coming here with it, and try to work with me and
address my specific concerns with it. e.g. maybe dawid's idea about
disabling fast-forwards completely is a good idea and so on (i dont
know all the technical implications there). and we could investigate
how the commit logs work or don't work for other projects trying to
use it and other things I mentioned.

But if you just tell me "you are holding it wrong", then thats keeping
that shitty git attitude. I may not be able to stop it completely, but
ill slow it down as much as possible. I'll stand directly in the way
and waste enormous amounts of your time.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, once we are ready to truly decide to move, this would be a majority vote, so based
on all the previous polling done, I think we would end up using git.