lucene-dev mailing list archives

From jurio <julienh...@gmail.com>
Subject Best strategy to index document with Solr
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 17:50:48 GMT
Im using Solr Version 4 (api spring data solr to index,get...documents) and i
have to decide which strategy im going to apply for index my documents.

*I hesitate between 2 strategies :
*
1) Launch a batch periodically to index all documents

2) Only Index the document when this one has changed

Which strategy is the best ? maybe a mix??or another.. I have some ideas
about cons and dis of each but i don't have a big experience with solr.

Thanks!