lucene-dev mailing list archives

From jurio <julienh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best strategy to index document with Solr
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 21:50:53 GMT
Thank you for your answer Erick.

Yes, i index and  then commit the document when there are any document
modification.

At the begining I prefered to index document when the document change
because :
- I want up to date documents.
- It's better for performance to not index all documents all times.

Using batch can be a good idea because :
- has you said it less work because i can accumulate the index and commit at
the end.
- If indexed documents are lost or something else i can easily reconstruct
the index
- I decouple the job for indexing and for my changed documents (update,
remove...)
- If there is failure by indexing at a time (server dies...) i can't reindex
my document

If i decide to use batch to index all documents every one hour, can i be
worry about performance ? Time to accomplish the indexing  ?How many simple
document [with about 10 simple fields]  solr can index per minute ?