lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Matheis <matheis.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Collections to Admin UI
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 18:26:58 GMT
i think the rest was long enough (: sometimes i need an additional kick in the butt .. erm
i mean, motivation! =]

will give it another try in the upcoming & next week. at least get a initial collection
handling done, we can still think about additional steps how to handle things differently
while on Cloud-Mode or not.

Although i wouldn't say no to another pair of eyes ;> Upayavira brought up the idea to
refactor the UI using AngularJS (SOLR-5507), which could lower the entry barrier quite a bit
for others .. but i haven't had much time to work on this either in the past few months.

-Stefan

On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:

> At least three JIRAS relate:
> SOLR-4316, SOLR-4388, SOLR-5466
>
> It seems to me, that if SOLR-5466 got done (don't see why it'd be hard) we'd have enough
to make this work, particularly adding/deleting collections _and_ adding cores on specific
nodes to specific shards.

> In fact, we don't even need SOLR-5466, we have the cluster state from ZK. Although using
the Collections api would insulate it from any changes to cluster state and would be easier
to work with.

> Unfortunately I completely lack the UI skills necessary to work on this, but I'd be happy
to collaborate on the rest of it.

> Anyone want to volunteer for the UI part? Should I cross-post on the user's list? I mean
Stefan has done yeoman's duty here, maybe he'd like a rest :).

> I think this is a significant barrier to using SolrCloud, at least getting started. Most
or all of the infrastructure is in place, it seems that this is mostly wrapping it in a UI.