lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Best strategy to index document with Solr
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 15:18:27 GMT
On 3/2/2014 7:44 AM, jurio wrote:
> As i see in  DIH Documentation
> <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler>  , it brings many
> functionalities like delta import handler... If i don't use DIH i couldn't
> use these functionalities. I have very few experience with solrJ, so i don't
> know if it brings almost all DIH functionnalities.

A SolrJ program is only limited by the programming skills available to
you.  Those skills may be yours, they may belong to developers in your
organization, or they may belong to a contractor that you hire.

The DIH is written in Java.  It actually hooks directly into Solr rather
than using SolrJ.  This made it easier for the DIH authors to access
internal data structures, but DIH can be rewritten as a standalone SolrJ
application, and there are some who think it SHOULD be done that way.

Thanks,
Shawn