lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions about writing / extending QueryParsers
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 08:16:30 GMT
Thanks Tim and Upayavira for your replies.

I still need to decide what the final syntax could be, however generally
speaking the ideal would be that I am able to extend the current Lucene
syntax with a new expression which will trigger the creation of a more like
this query with something like +title:foo +"text for similar docs"%2 where
the phrase between quotes will generate a MoreLikeThisQuery on that text if
it's followed by the % character (and the number 2 may control the MLT
configuration, e.g. min document freq == min term freq = 2), similarly to
what it's done for proximity search (not sure about using %, it's just a
syntax example).
I guess then I'd need to extend the classic query parser, as per Tim's
suggestions and I'd assume that if this goes into the classic qp it should
be a no brainer on the Solr side.
Does it sound correct / feasible?

Regards,
Tommaso