lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding Collections to Admin UI
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 15:16:05 GMT
At least three JIRAS relate:
SOLR-4316, SOLR-4388, SOLR-5466

It seems to me, that if SOLR-5466 got done (don't see why it'd be hard)
we'd have enough to make this work, particularly adding/deleting
collections _and_ adding cores on specific nodes to specific shards.

In fact, we don't even need SOLR-5466, we have the cluster state from ZK.
Although using the Collections api would insulate it from any changes to
cluster state and would be easier to work with.

Unfortunately I completely lack the UI skills necessary to work on this,
but I'd be happy to collaborate on the rest of it.

Anyone want to volunteer for the UI part? Should I cross-post on the user's
list? I mean Stefan has done yeoman's duty here, maybe he'd like a rest :).

I think this is a significant barrier to using SolrCloud, at least getting
started. Most or all of the infrastructure is in place, it seems that this
is mostly wrapping it in a UI.

Thoughts?