lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DSMI...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Sorry for JIRA spam
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:46:01 GMT
What I mean is that when you click the “Release” menu choice next to the version, JIRA
optionally asks you if it should bump the fix versions (I forget the precise language).  It
didn’t say that in doing so it would send a ton of email, and it didn’t give an option
to suppress email.  Separately from this, the release instructions we have in our wiki describe
how to advance the fix-versions in a way that suppresses email.  But if beforehand you let
JIRA do it for you with just one-click as part of releasing the version, then it’ll send
out the mass email.
~ David

From: "Mark Miller-3 [via Lucene]" <ml-node+s472066n4124847h47@n3.nabble.com<mailto:ml-node+s472066n4124847h47@n3.nabble.com>>
Date: Monday, March 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM
To: "Smiley, David W." <dsmiley@mitre.org<mailto:dsmiley@mitre.org>>
Subject: Re: Sorry for JIRA spam

I don’t think it’s bad to have JIRA bump the fix version at all - you just want to supress
an individual email for each change if its going to be that many.

--
Mark Miller
about.me/markrmiller

On March 16, 2014 at 9:45:42 AM, David Smiley (@MITRE.org) ([hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4124847&i=0>)