lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Erick Erickson (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-5488) Fix up test failures for Analytics Component
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 18:28:43 GMT


Erick Erickson commented on SOLR-5488:

re: SOLR-5685 and all of the sudden FieldFacetTest started breaking.

[~sbower] and [~houstonputman] I need a quick reply to this to make progress:

I got past the first problem by changing the fieldFacets.txt, i.e. 

o.min.ff=int_id <- o.min.ff=string_sd
o.min.ff=long_ld <- o.min.ff=date_dtd

o.max.ff=int_id <- o.max.ff=string_sd
o.max.ff=long_ld <- o.max.ff=date_dtd

I just noticed that it looked odd, and when I changed it I got past the first problem, but
this is making changes without real understanding. There are other places with the older pattern
like this one that don't seem to break the test in BeforeClass so it makes me nervous:


So I'm not sure whether the changes I made are just irrelevant or perhaps mask something completely

Second problem:

Everything else is failing, things like:

Expected :[25.0, 26.0, 28.5, 27.0, 22.5, 23.5, 24.5, 25.5, 26.5, 27.5, 24.0]
Actual      :[25.0, 26.0, 27.0, 22.5, 23.5, 24.5, 25.5, 26.5, 27.5, 28.5, 24.0]

Same numbers, just not in the same order. This one from:

So is ordering important here or should the values be sorted before passing to
assertEquals? As you an tell I have no real deep-level understanding of what this code is
_supposed_ to do, which makes it difficult to have confidence if I sorted the expected and
actual before passing to assertEquals or used  ;).

I can make the changes above if I have some clue that I'm not doing something foolish. That
is, change all the patterns in the fieldFacets.txt and change the collections passed in to
assertEquals to be sorted or some such.


> Fix up test failures for Analytics Component
> --------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-5488
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 4.7, 5.0
>            Reporter: Erick Erickson
>            Assignee: Erick Erickson
>         Attachments: SOLR-5488.patch, SOLR-5488.patch, SOLR-5488.patch, SOLR-5488.patch,
SOLR-5488.patch, SOLR-5488.patch, SOLR-5488.patch, eoe.errors
> The analytics component has a few test failures, perhaps environment-dependent. This
is just to collect the test fixes in one place for convenience when we merge back into 4.x

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message